LegacyGT.com

are there any supporting mods needed for obxt dampers?

zanzabar

sorry.

i had seen that people had lifted their LGT about 1.5" with OXT dampers (shocks, or whatever we are calling them now.) do you need anything to make that work other than the dampers? basically, do they just mount up and then you get an alignment?

No, they will not just mount up. The outback has spacers that go between the subframe and chassis to drop the control arm mounting points. It's going to be VERY tough to even get the OB struts in there without the spacers because you need the clearance.

Ironically, these are the same spacers many OB guys have taken out to swap to lgt suspension, there are many threads detailing the differences. There are also other differences here and there but the springs/struts/spacers are the key components.

No, they will not just mount up. The outback has spacers that go between the subframe and chassis to drop the control arm mounting points. It's going to be VERY tough to even get the OB struts in there without the spacers because you need the clearance.

Ironically, these are the same spacers many OB guys have taken out to swap to lgt suspension, there are many threads detailing the differences. There are also other differences here and there but the springs/struts/spacers are the key components.

so, can i use my springs, and the outback struts/spacers? and what about bump stops.

The outback springs, along with the longer travel shocks/struts, are what give you the lift, so you cannot use lgt springs.

The bump stops on the OB are bigger/longer, so they are a good idea to get in the rear because you don't want to use the shocks as bump stops.

Archived