LegacyGT.com

How to remove passenger side TGV sensor?

Anyone know how to remove the passenger side TGV sensor? I have both screws out, the sensor is loose, but it is stuck between the TGV shaft and the housing of the turbo.

Can the shaft be pulled in by removing the motor on the other side?

Is there such a thing as loosening the turbo to get the part out?

Anyone?

IMG_2877-2.jpg

OK got it out! It takes a little bit of alignment and the help of a long screw driver to "push" it past the shaft. It removes a tiny amount of plastic from the sensor.

Now the hard part: can the sensor be fixed (cracked body) or replaced with a Throttle Position sensor?

I broke the sensor when changing the banjo bolt filter. The connector part is "cracked" apart from the rest of the sensor. It has been throwing a CEL P2016 (= Tumble Generator Valve position sensor 1 (RH) ) for the past three years. @90K mi I have the engine moved forward to change the squealing throw out bearing (and clutch) and figured I should look at the sensor while I am at it.

I broke the sensor when changing the banjo bolt filter. The connector part is "cracked" apart from the rest of the sensor. It has been throwing a CEL P2016 (= Tumble Generator Valve position sensor 1 (RH) ) for the past three years. @90K mi I have the engine moved forward to change the squealing throw out bearing (and clutch) and figured I should look at the sensor while I am at it.

Damn! Don't know how you lasted 3 years with the CEL on! It drives me crazy, plus since I have an '08 with SI Drive, I can't use that with a CEL on.

• 6 years later...
Just threw a P2016 "Intake manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit low (bank 1) any ideas what this problem could be? Stuck TGV or something?

did you ever figure out the problem, i jumped the gun and Replaced the driver side tgv position sensor but before I take it back out and start on the passenger side I wanna know if this is the actual problem or not

If you have a Cobb AP, a Tuner can send you a map with that code deleted. My bank 1 sensor is also cracked, the code was deleted 5 years ago. The cracked sensor is still there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here