LegacyGT.com

2013 Legacy 3.6R intake and exhaust dyno not tuned

fredrik94087

2013 Legacy 3.6R intake and exhaust dyno not tuned.

Please note that since this posting, I have changed my intake to a "modified" AFE Takeda setup which makes a few more ponies.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4787507&postcount=28

2.2whp and 5wtq. 5whp/5wtq at 5250 rpm by adding exhaust on top of an intake mod.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4671757&postcount=5

2 1/2" single exhaust with mandrel bends after factory Y pipe.

Why?

Primaries after the cats are 1 3/4" each

After the Y, it is 2 3/8"

2 3/8" into the resonator

2 1/8" out of the resonator (not a typo, I remeasured!)

Since the Y is 2 3/8", it doesn't make sense to go 3". 2.5" is the closest.

I didn't go with a dual exhaust because it is a single after the Y pipe and, for me, that was unnecessary. My co-worker says the dual looks better. To each his own ;)

Sorry I didn't have better news. My butt dyno told me there wasn't much gain if any, and it proved to be true.

I'm looking into a tune through Dietsch Werks in San Jose. We shall see if their tuner does a 3.6R. We know he tunes Subarus.

Edited March 11, 2014: Tuner for Dietsch Werks was a no go. Looking at e-tune through Delicious tuning.

Cheers!

20131211_094707.thumb.jpg.d93d51e21f35317ff87ec741e78caa4a.jpg

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

What kind of muffler did you put on her? And I find it curious that you didn't go with a large pipe which may have produced less low end torque, but probably would have afforded an increase in top end hp.

I should have mentioned... both straight through 2.5 to 2.5

4x9 ovals 14" by magnaflow.

I will update first post later.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

underbody with J pipe

20131211_124235.thumb.jpg.36b21473dc40314e858abfc59212d9db.jpg

The car was feeling better and I had to know if there were any gains.

Top end did not change, but it looks like the ECU had a chance to learn the exhuat mod.

The A/F ratio is back to where it was when I did the intake. Last time, when I dynoed with the exhaust, I didn't wait long enough and the car was reading rich. I believe it was overcompensating for the slightly better airflow.

The gain is around the 3500 to 5000 rpm range. It looks like a ~5whp and ~7wtq gain in the mid-range. And, the A/F ratio has normalized.

Around 5500 rpm, the A/F ratios were reading the same, and it makes sense that there was no gain after 5500 rpm. But, in the range where the A/F ratio increased back to normal, there was a slight improvement.

1.thumb.jpg.9b34a72939ef9388731e9e35b71a4ded.jpg

COMPARISON.thumb.jpg.f73127868c3cbc4bc5f9e1623fc52f09.jpg

• 2 months later...
Great work on your 3.6r, very curious to see the post-tune dynos

Thanks!

Believe me...I am too. :wub:

Archived