LegacyGT.com

Hawaii

jrt0420

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Maui two weeks ago!

As for places to see, I'm sure you went to Haleakala Crater (if you haven't, go!). There's also 'Iao Valley, which is alright. It's the other peak in Maui other than Haleakala.. (Maui's made up of two volcanoes).

They also say try to go to Hana, but take like one or two days for your trip. There's a lot of things to see there. The drive is AWWWWESOME. Very narrow roads. Tons of twists. You can't really go fast, but regardless of speed, it's still enjoyable. Beautiful, beautiful scenery. My dad had a good time driving our rental Malibu around the corners haha. We only had a chance to enjoy it for eight hours, so we didn't get to see much at all. In the beginning, there is "Twin Falls". It's okay.. Two waterfalls in different locations. Not worth the trip to the two falls in my opinion. The bigger fall wasn't that big either.

Try to go to "Sacred Pools" or whatever it's called. It's at the "end" of the Hana Hwy. Didn't get to go there, but from the pictures it looks beautiful.

Also, for beginner snorkeling, there's "Black Rock" which is near Lahaina and Kaanapali (not sure which city), but it's behind the Sheraton hotel. Very cool place. There's also Molokini, which I didn't get a chance to go to. Looks beautiful from the pictures, though.

Definitely check out a luau. Try to find one with like people doing stuff with fire and stuff. The one I went to didn't have it, so it wasn't as entertaining (but it was still good).

As for places to eat, not really sure.. My family skimped out and we ate a lot of food in our condo. Try Maui Tacos if you want something not too expensive for lunch or something. Good Mexican food. I got a Lahaina burrito.

-ben

Thanks for the advice. I have either completed or plan to complete about all of those things you have listed. I actually plan to ride down from Haleakala Crater on a MB. We are renting a Chrysler Sebring Convertible. What a piece!! In some ways, I wish we had rented a Mustang Convertible, Jeep or Impreza. They would have been a better choice. Don't rent from Alamo!!!

I am staying at the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua. I would highly recommend it for future travelers. Awesome place!!!!!!!

Archived