LegacyGT.com

Cold Start Trouble and Owl Noise??

Anyone else have this issue?! Whenever I go to start my car on a cold morning, it occasionally makes a loud ass "Wooooooooo!" sound. It's high-pitched, and almost like a hard sucking sound. I should mention that occasionally my car takes about 3-5 seconds to start up. Sometimes it won't even start unless I do about 3 cycles of 3-5 second segments.

Fuel pump is priming just fine. I got a fuel pressure of about 43 psi when priming, and then 38 psi at idle. I'll probably check tomorrow again. Only checked before the FPR though. The owl noise sounds like it's coming from the driver side, down near that little plastic cap thing.

It's so intermittent though.. Anyone know what else it may be?

Also: It's definitely not belt screeching. The vacuum line to the FPR is connected as well.

Totally normal and it usually happens on colder days. That sound you hear is coming from the TGV's. What happens is the butterfly doors don't open fast enough when the car is being cranked over, causing the wooooooosh sound. This is what they look like and they sit between the intake manifold to the intake ports on the heads.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbCQU1AfbX1q7Oxgbt2nHw53ngwEd-VX1LZY4kGwzIoIEOFCb5

Mine does it most of the time during the winter months, never does it during the warmer summer months.

My wife's balls are delicious.

I've replaced my o-rings last spring when I was rebuilding my motor, and it still makes the sound every once in a while during cold mornings. Nothing to be conserned about. In some cases, when the o-rings go bad it may throw a CEL.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived