LegacyGT.com

Legacy 2006 AT OIL TEMP cel flashing

an AT OIL TEMP light has been blinking now and then.when it starts blinking the vehicle loses torque when accelerating especially from a stopped position.There is some noticeable jerks when changing shift positions between parking and drive.when not blinking the performance is excellent and no jerks when shifting gear positions..i was adviced to change the atf transmission fluid but this has not helped,some auto mechanic also said it could be the clutches that are slipping due to wear,another one said it could be blockage.After taking the vehicle to a computer diagnostic and got a p0768 code;(control unit,transmission control system code p0768 shift solenoid D electrical)i needed to have a heads up before getting the gear box repaired or replaced.was thinking repairs could be more expensive than getting a second hand gearbox,especially that i was told by subaru kenya that a complete valve body(containing all the shift solenoids) could cost me nearly usd2000.What could be the problem?

Check the oil level when the engine is running. If the level is correct then it's probably a problem with the valve body.

It is possible that there's dirt in the valve body, and it can be tricky to clear unless you are skilled or have a skilled mechanic.

The cheapest would probably be to get an used gearbox and replace with, but you need to be sure about the differential gear ratio - or change the rear diff at the same time.

453747.png

The code is telling you where to start. Sorry but to me it doesn't get much simpler than that. Test that solenoid is in the right specs electronically, then if that passes check the wiring to it. If that passes see if it has a blocked screen or doesn't close completely.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Forgot to add, the drive ability symptoms you describe is called "limp mode"

I have not researched what our transmissions do when in limp mode but most cars it will limit you to 2 gears only and will typically put the line pressure to maximum. For example 2nd and 3rd hence the sluggish acceleration and max line pressure = really hard shifts.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

the tranny level fluid is on the top mark when hot(full),there is a noticeable hard shift when down shitfing to 3rd gear and a smaller one when engagaging the fifth gear.this is indicated when in manual shifting.i did remove the oil pan and checked for loose connections with a multimeter and everything seems fine.mostly during the morning on starting the vehicle the light doesnt flash and it drives okay until i switch off maybe for a stop,then on restarting even after the engine has cooled the light comes on with its problem.sometimes when am having this light all i have to do is park and switch off for a while and then restart the vehicle to clear the light and this gets the vehicle back to normal.could anyone point out what the problem could be,and maybe the best way to test the cables for a bad contact in all the wires from the tranny?

Archived