LegacyGT.com

Camshaft sensor replacement, please help!

Im trying to replace my camshaft sensor and do not want to take it to a stealership, with a $300 bill when i can easily do it myself for free.99, does someone know exactly how i replace this sensor ive heard its easy but im not sure how to do it, any pictures or other forum posts out there?

Look in your other thread about the p0011 code. You will find information to help you.

Or, so you don't get lost and make another thread; here is what I can offer you.

Your code is for cam position system performance. This code is not saying that your sensor and or sensor circuit is experiencing a problem. Your cams are variably adjusted using oil (pressure and [subsequently] flow). Performance is generally a term that is used for events that are 'not quite right' but not 'failed'. I would imagine that your cams are slow to respond to the ECM's requested / demanded adjustments. Possibilities for why can include flow and or pressure restrictions, more than likely caused by the banjo bolt filter and what ever debris is caught up in it. Another thing you probably ought to check, is that the oil level is not low (Subarus don't burn oil, right?:lol:). Like stated (and someone even went and took some pics just for you) in the other thread, verify that your OCV's (oil control valves) are clean because they are what controls (duh) the oil to move the cams.

On to my more specific analysis, you stated that you have recently replaced the turbo. I'll ask, but I feel I can safely assume why it was replaced. If that turbo was replaced because it blew up, then you probably have tons of debris in you motor that can make that a never ending cycle of issues.

Rather importantly, Did whomever replaced your turbo flush the oil passages, replace oil cooler or anything at all to prevent debris from destroying your new turbo?

Archived