LegacyGT.com

5th GEN SWAY BAR HELP & (WISH LIST)

NavigatorsLegacy

Santa's coming to town soon...and I've been a good ol' boy!

I gotta put my list together...(I'm a newbie at car mods)

If you had a 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i and wanted to buy a RSB (Rear Sway Bar) and a FSB (Front Sway Bar) to get rid of the annoying "boat feeling" in the car which pair would you recommend and why?

Another annoyance is the fact when I head into a turn, it feels like the car wants to go and continue straight and then turns late....weird... this is of course after I have already committed into the turn.:spin:

I do realize I bought the wrong car to make faster but I would like to make it handle better.

The other question I have is will I need to purchase new end links or bushings with a set of sway bars? I'm very ignorant. If so, what do people recommend I purchase?:eek:

There are so many to choose from....how do I know which ones are good and not.

First two mods for anyone should be seat time at a racetrack or scca autox. Second should be good tires. Tires are the number one best thing you can do to make any car handle better.

On my 4th gen I still have the stock rear end links with 105k miles. I assumed I would replace them this summer after doing autox but the stubborn bastards are still holding up.

The RSB on the 5th gens is a must. Many if us ar re pleased with the Whiteline 22mm 3-point adjustable with brace. FSB is beefy and recommend skipping. Endlinks are optional. Several good choices.

The suggestion for better performing tires is a good one to consider.

Your stock end links should be fine and a 22mm should also be fine unless you plan on racing.

If you absolutely want end links I use the moog replacements that are much stronger then stock and have not had any issues. I got both fronts for 30 dollars shipped off amazon.

I just ordered the 22mm adjustable rsb from whiteline. I ordered it from underdog here on this forum. Best price! They arrive in a few days...I'll keep you updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: it's been a week since I installed my new rsb and it definitely made a huge difference. The over all turn handling seems much more firm and stable. I'm very happy with this mod and would recommend it.

What these guys said. WL 22m adjustable RSB. Skip the end links and the FSB and save your money. The stockers work just fine and the balance of the car is great with just the WL rear bar.

Save that money for springs and shocks if you are all inclined to do such things. Koni's or Bilsteins,either with the stock springs or something like Eibachs or RCEs with a mild drop will run you between $1000 and $1500, but the improvements in handling are massive.

• 2 weeks later...
What these guys said. WL 22m adjustable RSB. Skip the end links and the FSB and save your money. The stockers work just fine and the balance of the car is great with just the WL rear bar.

Save that money for springs and shocks if you are all inclined to do such things. Koni's or Bilsteins,either with the stock springs or something like Eibachs or RCEs with a mild drop will run you between $1000 and $1500, but the improvements in handling are massive.

Any ideas on how much comfort in cabin is lost from Eibach springs on mild drop like 1in? Love the look but I suppose the added stress on lowering springs would cause me to upgrade other suspension parts to correct camber, caster, toe, and upgrade struts too... Sounds very pricey for minimal gains. I have to be considerate for my family in car....as Dad.

Is that the case or no?

I enjoy spirited driving in my daily driver. No time for racing now with my family....Good news is that Mega Millions is up to 550million. With my dollar u never know...lol!

I believe railkill has had Eibachs for some time now on the oem shocks. He lijes them a lot from what I recall. Drop him a PM. The Eibachs are only about 15% stiffer than stock, which is the least of any aftermarket springs so they will be easy on the family. No other bushings or anything are really necessary.

Archived