LegacyGT.com

Acceleration Surge

A couple days of driving under my belt now since the reset, definitely still have the issue. I don't want to have to spring for an accessport just to try to tune the surge out of the car, I guess my next move is that front O2 sensor...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

A couple days of driving under my belt now since the reset, definitely still have the issue. I don't want to have to spring for an accessport just to try to tune the surge out of the car, I guess my next move is that front O2 sensor...

You can open source tune for about $15 for the cable.

The hesitation you feel between 2-3k under light throttle? I've got that but it cannot be tuned out :(

A bad front 02 sensor will present itself as surging while cruising at a steady state. Imagine driving a steady 35 MPH, then you give it a little gas, then coast, gas, coast, gas, coast, gas, coast, and so on. To verify, hook up your obd device, drive around and monitor A/F Correction 1. A normal reading will be in the range of -5 to +5 (or close to it). A bad reading can go from the -20s to +20s.

02 sensors can be as fragile as a light bulb filament and a bad one is pretty easy to diagnose if you have a Bluetooth OBD reader, Vag-com cable, Tactrix, or Accessport V2/V3 (V1 can't view live data). Get one. You will need it unless you're rich and can let the stealership or a tuner diagnose everything for you.

I'm having this issue as well, very intermittent.

Occasionally just as I'm entering boost, it jerks noticeably. It begins to spool and then it falls on its face. No misfiring, no rough idle, no nothing. It starts to boost and then all of a suddent acceleration is gone.

I recently threw a code for P0138, rear O2 sensor high voltage.

This disappeared after two drive cycles.

However it's such a random issue that sometimes I will have full power smooth as day but then 20 minutes later into the drive it'll do it.

I'm going to:

Clean MAF

Reset ECU

Check plugs to O2 sensors / clean outside with brake cleaner

Then I'll figure out if it's made a difference.

Also. I have an AFR gauge. I've noticed that the car during cruising will head towards 10 as if in boost although the turbo is not spooling.

New plugs didn't help, and a new filter didn't help (though both were due anyway). After almost causing an accident today because the car stumbled so much in traffic, I stopped and got the MAF cleaner. I pulled the MAF and looked--perfectly clean. Then I realized I was looking at the back end. The front end was black-nasty. Thirty seconds later and liberal spraying and it looked great again. A total of five minutes of work, about $8 for the cleaner and the car runs better. Only time will tell if this has really solved my problem, but it has improved the car's performance.

I'm having this issue as well, very intermittent.

Occasionally just as I'm entering boost, it jerks noticeably. It begins to spool and then it falls on its face. No misfiring, no rough idle, no nothing. It starts to boost and then all of a suddent acceleration is gone.

I recently threw a code for P0138, rear O2 sensor high voltage.

This disappeared after two drive cycles.

However it's such a random issue that sometimes I will have full power smooth as day but then 20 minutes later into the drive it'll do it.

I'm going to:

Clean MAF

Reset ECU

Check plugs to O2 sensors / clean outside with brake cleaner

Then I'll figure out if it's made a difference.

Also. I have an AFR gauge. I've noticed that the car during cruising will head towards 10 as if in boost although the turbo is not spooling.

Cleaned my MAF and reset ECU.

Seems to be all better. Seems MUCH smoother now after a few romp runs and daily driving.

Archived