LegacyGT.com

Finally moved on from vf40 land and WOW...

doobaruGT

Picked up a V2 AVO 380 from KCwagon (big thanks to this guy) and just completed install today. Loaded a base tune from Bren (another big thanks) and I am blown away at the responsiveness and boost this turbo delivers!

This AVO 380 spools like stock and leaves nothing behind as it pulls all the way to redline! I am absoutely thrilled.

On a side-note...my stock VF40 was in remarkable condition with virtually no shaft play after 165K. I think this is a partial testament to keeping regular OCI's and general care for the vehicle.

Also replaced the oil feed lines with a stainless kit from IAG in Westminster, MD. This was a great investment!

I can hardly wait for Bren's tweaks to the tune later this week. It's difficult for me to imagine much better. I'm sure I'll have some numbers soon.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Picked up a V2 AVO 380 from KCwagon (big thanks to this guy) and just completed install today. Loaded a base tune from Bren (another big thanks) and I am blown away at the responsiveness and boost this turbo delivers!

This AVO 380 spools like stock and leaves nothing behind as it pulls all the way to redline! I am absoutely thrilled.

On a side-note...my stock VF40 was in remarkable condition with virtually no shaft play after 165K. I think this is a partial testament to keeping regular OCI's and general care for the vehicle.

Also replaced the oil feed lines with a stainless kit from IAG in Westminster, MD. This was a great investment!

I can hardly wait for Bren's tweaks to the tune later this week. It's difficult for me to imagine much better. I'm sure I'll have some numbers soon.

Back in the "old days" several of us found the AVO380 to be the perfect turbo. Hopefully you have addressed injectors and pump along with the turbo and tune. Add a nice EBCS tuned for 22 tapering to 20 psi, some meth, a nice EL header properly wrapped, and you will leave LOTS of "things" behind. :)

Back in the "old days" several of us found the AVO380 to be the perfect turbo. Hopefully you have addressed injectors and pump along with the turbo and tune. Add a nice EBCS tuned for 22 tapering to 20 psi, some meth, a nice EL header properly wrapped, and you will leave LOTS of "things" behind. :)

No tempting allowed, I'm supposed to be content :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post these though it may be difficult to see my banjo screen. It was very clean after all that mileage and having never been cleaned. Also installed the stainless braided replacement oil lines from IAG in Westminster, MD

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/07/umudeha4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/07/ba9uvy3u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/07/2e2ygata.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Archived