LegacyGT.com

Newb with the Cobb Accessport

milesej05

Accessport V2 Sub-003 posted up locally. I have an 07 LGT and it is the correct accessport for my car.

My question is that I have the air filter milk jug removed, muffler delete and a CNT catted Downpipe. Have had a local "tuner" tune my car two years ago and by word of mouth, need to get rid of it. Do I need to contact Cobb directly to get the right tune created and sent to me or can I use one of the OTS maps directly from their website.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

^ What he said. I HAD that same tuner. Unfortunately, we don't have a local tuning option here so it's either OTS or e-tune.

Instead of spending the money on the AP, maybe look into one of the e-tune options available here. I've heard Cryo is great to work with. If you're not going beyond stg2, an open source e-tune will be better than what you have and cheaper. As well, that tune would be better than the Cobb OTS tune you'd be running with the AP.

Ok, well I went ahead and installed it. Through a stage 1 91 octane map onto it. Can now dies after going under load (pushing gas in gear or while in neutral). RPM's drop to about 500 then attempts to regain strength and stay started. I'm not sure if it is a battery issue as the other day I let my car sit in the elements while at work and when I went to start it, the chime for the seatbelt came on (which means the voltage dropped enough to cause that to happen).

I unmarried the accessport and car still does the same thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I am going to guess you have a dirty throttle body or something like that. This is what was suggested when the exact problems you describe happened to me every time I reflashed my ECU. I never cleaned it before switching to e85 and now it doesn't do it since now I suspect the E85 cleaned the throttle body after a few tanks. There is hope. Let the car idle on that Cobb stg2 map for a few minutes. Drive the car around the neighborhood for a bit, park and let it cool down. After a few warmup and cool down cycles, the ECU might learn its way around it as it did mine. And get that throttle body cleaned at some point.

Funny. I had the same guy tuning my car when this happened to me.

It's a stage 2 setup you have. Didn't I say that in my post? You're not supposed to be on a stage 1 map.

As far as the dying, it's because the idle is relearning because the ECU has been reset. It'll settle in after a few miles of driving and idling.

iNVAR-I will go ahead and keep it at a stage II map then after I clean the throttle body...

...next question (after doing some reading on here), I took off my intercooler as many people have said they do so they can then remove the throttle body. If that is the case there is almost NO ROOM to remove the throttle body without removing something else...unless i'm not looking at the right part.

I took the intercooler off again tonight, looked around (this time with a flashlight) and saw three of the four 10mm bolts...but unless no one else has a bunch of hoses and other shit in the way I have to take more off than just the intercooler. anyone have a picture of what theirs looks like with the intercooler off??

Brian3676-did you take the coolant hoses all the way off or just move them to the side with a bungee?

You don't need to remove ANY coolant hoses. There are 2 bolts that hold the TMIC to the turbo, 1 bolt that holds it to the engine (via a bracket/brace), 2 bolts that hold the BPV to the TMIC, and 1 screw that holds that throttle hose to the TMIC. Be careful removing things because once it drops in your engine bay, good luck finding it. There is a gasket/rubber seal under the BPV that has a tendency to fall off, and also a rubber fitting that goes in the TB hose.

Ah sorry, I thought you were still talking about removing the TMIC.... don't know how I confused that with removing the TB itself, my bad, long day.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/throttle-body-removal-211984.html?p=4530823

Says the 4 bolts should be reachable with just the TMIC off, dunno why you'd be having trouble. Maybe just try to clean it with a cloth instead of taking the whole thing out. Remember, it's a DBW car, which means it's motorized. Be careful of messing with stuff like that. Next thing you know, you'll have a broken TB.

Archived