LegacyGT.com

REQUEST: basic exhaust lesson

Cardozzo

Could someone answer what I hope is a simple question? My goal is to just add some growl to my wagon. I don't want anything loud or obnoxious, I need to be able to pull up to dinner with the boss w/out anything embarrassing, but I'd also like to hear her sing a bit when I get on it.

I've searched the forums, and it seems that "removing the catback" is the easiest/cheapest solution?

But correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it actually read, "replacing" the catback? Which looks to me like it costs a bit under 1g to do?

I have no idea what a "catback" is, any guidance, links would be much appreciated.

thanks lgt gents,

Cardozzo (lgt wagon)

btw, the car is already plenty fast for me & I think the current setup looks great, so I'm not concerned w/ performance or appearance enhancements, just sound and cost.

One of our customers added the Lachute mufflers to his car and it did a nice job of increasing the volume and rumble of the car with out being offensive.

This week I will be installing the Perrin cat back exhaust on one of our cars. After that I will write up a review on the volume level.

A cat back exhaust is the portion of your exhaust that follows the catalytic converter. In short it is the rear half of your exhaust. Swapping it out will not drastically increase your power levels, but it can make or break your car as far as volume and drone. Swapping the front half of the exhuast has a greater impact on the power levels you can acheive, but it does not change the tone of volume of the car much.

Jarrad

Archived