LegacyGT.com

DIN Slots face plate ~ Japan

Mestizo

Heres an idea, everybody on the board who wants to know chips in a dollar to an account and somebody tries it. That way we can know for sure instead of all of this guessing. I would sure like to know.

Well ive been >this< close to ordering a few times maybe i'll just bite the bullet and take one for the team

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

damn I want it too....I'll paypal the guinea pig $20 for proof that it'll work in our cars...proof would be pictures of course, with the climate control on and working....you'd have to include a shot of your hair blowing next to the vent or something too...lol...

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

Note also that there is NOTHING inside the radio head unit to do with the climate controller! I just pulled the connector off the back of the old head unit, plugged it into the new JDM ac facia panel, and it worked. Even after its been disconnected, the previous settings came back up on the new display, so they are stored elsewhere. The socket on the old head unit must just pass the signals through to the panel.

Still sounds like nobody but me has done this yet? Must be more AUSDM owners (single zone climate) who want better sound!!!

AU/NZ guys have allready done this and it works. The debate is if you plug it into a USDM dual zone controller if it will just work / work with some tweaking.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone access to any Subaru service manuel from a market with single climate control?

I would assume there might be an interface box between the ACC console and the actual vent actuators.

The vent actuator controls, you would think, are standard across markets.

Come on, who has the service manual! I'm dying here!

Note also that there is NOTHING inside the radio head unit to do with the climate controller! I just pulled the connector off the back of the old head unit, plugged it into the new JDM ac facia panel, and it worked. Even after its been disconnected, the previous settings came back up on the new display, so they are stored elsewhere. The socket on the old head unit must just pass the signals through to the panel.

Hi Jp,

So you were able to plug the japanese double din right into your stock ACC cable?

You had single climate control to start, correct?

If you had single climate control to start do you have access to the Oz Legacy(liberty?) service manual?

I am guessing US Legacy owners will need to replace the box (if exists) that connects to the console ACC.

I am dying ova' here. I want Navy now! Plus ipod! I hope the AVIC-D2 will have DVD playback!

Archived