LegacyGT.com

Collision center in Houston, TX

thatericguy

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I had a hell of a time trying to find a good collision center that was <15-20 mins from downtown Houston.

So I called around and heard from several former Subaru servicemen that a guy named Butch from Gillman Collision was great at collision/mechanical work. Extremely detailed oriented. Long story short, I called around and found that he had just left Gillman Collision and followed his dream of opening his own shop. I'm fairly skeptical by nature, but after meeting Butch, you can tell by how he keeps his shop and cars that he is the real deal when it comes to being OCD about perfection (in a great way).

So I actually transferred my car from another shop after meeting him, and while it probably did take a little longer (fortunately the accident was not my fault, and insurance covered the rental) than a higher volume shop, but the results were excellent. His welds look like the original robotic welds since he puts so much attention into it. And since he's the owner and also does the work, he's able to communicate all the mechanical intricacies that are going on. For any administrative questions, his sidekick Larry was great to deal with.

In any case I thought this would help anyone needing body or even mechanical work in the Houston area (he installed a Clutchmaster fx200 with the tsk3 kit). If he keeps up the good work and customer service, I'm sure he will be a reliable fixture in the Houston area.

Here's the work he did on my car:

http://imgur.com/a/I33aB

Shop is called Imperial Collision & Mechanical

https://www.facebook.com/imperialcollisionandmechanical

If you do go, tell him Eric with the white Subaru wagon sent you. I told him I'd post my thoughts on legacygt.

Saw the car, the day you were to pick it up watched the car get cleaned up. Looked great from what I saw, paint match was spot on. He also showed me the welds on the door frame area. I will say the welds looked factory.

I was hoping to wait around long enough to meet you, but I had to bail out for class.

Archived