LegacyGT.com

LGT at Audi club DE, Gateway

icelatte

Just finished the audi club de. It's been over a year since I've been on the roadcourse at Gateway and it was in a WRX. Very different in the legacy. It took me three runs to learn to get the car settled. Initially, I was smoking my brakes and having a lot of problems controlling excessive body roll but as I got smoother on my runs, neither became much of a problem.

My car is stock, ran SSR gt2 18x8 and Kumho MX 225/40/18 in the intermediate group. I managed to walk away from the s4's and TTs but got eaten up my 2 M5's, an M3 and a 911. Did get plenty of compliments on the car, "is it still stock" and actually a compliment on the OBP paint:eek: .

My impression with balance of the car is similar to others - likes to be driven smoothly, no abrupt inputs, and fairly neutral. I had very controlled off throttle oversteer. I actually had to let out air from the back tires because i was getting too loose. I could probably use an upgrade on the brake fluid and a good bleed. My brakes were giving off smoke after a couple of runs and my center caps actually popped off from the heat. I think it was probably from inappropriate overuse. I would be happy with less body roll though. I'll think about swaybars since I want to keep the current ride quality.

All in all, pretty happy with how the car performed - don't feel the need throw on a ton of horsepower at this point. In the inspection line behind the porsches and TT, I looked like an SUV though:D

welcome to my world, glad you enjoy the car!!

I upgraded the brake fluid and lines.. and I also run on R-compounds.. you'll make your way through once you do the rest of the suspension.

The only complaint I have is that the car falls flat on its face after 5000 rpms in 4th and 5th gears (maybe as early as 4000 rpms).

Keefe

Keefe

Yeah, it does run out of breath up top pretty quickly. Gateway has a pretty long straight coming off a nascar oval and the only things I couldn't stay way from were the porsches and m5 so I'm not too concerned over it yet. The huge advantage compared to my wrx is down low. I'm staying in 3rd instead of having to go to 2nd to get out of the same corners.

Brake lines and fluid are next. I may just do swaybars and, oh yeah, alignment. I'm hesitant to go to coilovers for now because I got rid of the rex for the leg so my wife could have a more civil ride.

Keefe, are you running any front toe in, or should I just keep it 0?

The JDM swaybars, you can actually buy them from AVO, is a night and day difference... You should check it out... Of course there are others, like Perrin and I believe COBB that you can also adjust them, but I am very happy with the JDM ones and you CAN really feel a big difference, lot less body roll, huge improvement...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Thanks Flavio, I looked at that one. It's just the rear though.

I was considering a matched set of front and rear like the Cusco.

I think the car's already well balanced and don't what to upset that by just adding a larger rear bar.

Archived