LegacyGT.com

P0700, transmission control system

turbosubaru

I just had an open source street tune today. The tuner installed a solenoid kit to control higher boost.

The check engine light came on when we were finishing(the speed around while I hold the laptop part so he can make adjustments) and this was the code. The tuner wasnt able to clear it with a tune (before we took it too the street he had cleared all codes relating to having no cats). He said that I dont need to worry about it, unless I started to feel problems. My car is an automatic and it drives amazing right now. He tuned it as far as he could safely without needing to modify or get new injectors.

What do you guys think. Anyone experienced something similar.

That is the transmission control unit general code.

You need to pull the codes from the TCU to get the details, but my primary suspicion would be that it did detect a slip or something. The first action would be to do a fluid change on the gearbox, then clear the code. If the code comes back it's a trip to the dealer to get the real codes.

453747.png

In that case I suspect that it was slipping, so change the fluid. Just changing fluid doesn't reset the code, but a bad fluid in the gearbox may make it more prone to slipping and therefore throw a code.

After a few starts where the code condition hasn't appeared the system resets the code again.

All this means that it's often a good idea to try to read the code as soon as you get it to get help to figure out if it's serious or not.

453747.png

Archived