LegacyGT.com

Installed lowering springs. Result...car now sits higher

**I posted this in the suspension sub section, but I don't think it gets much traffic and I have limited time to figure out what to do. Sorry for the double post**

I purchase a set of the epic engineering springs from the group buy and was excited to install them last night. Springs looks great, were received quickly, and the install went smoothly. However, for some reason the net result is that the car actually sits slightly higher than it did before.

Now I know I should allow maybe a week or so for the springs to settle, but they'd have to settle ~ 1-2 inches to sit where I would expect them too based on pictures I've seen. Obviously its not going to settle that much.

The only reason I can think of is my shock/strut choice. I'm running JDM RevA SpecB struts and until last night Rev A spec B springs. Maybe I should have researched more, but I assumed the shock's dimensions would be the same as the US versions. Am I wrong? Any other ideas as to why it might be sitting so high? I've got three finger gap on driver side and three and a half gap on passenger side.

I'm thinking I could either A)keep Epic springs, get other struts. B) Keep struts, get new springs that offer more of a drop. c) sell everything, go back to stock for a while and than get coilovers eventually. Thoughts?

But he was using Rev A Bilsteins with his previous Rev A Spring setup, so he had to be using the Spec B tophats...so nothing changed in the strut/tophat area. :iam:
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Now that you mention it I do recall reading about the difference in top hats. Two questions:

A) If this is the cause, would only the fronts sit higher, or would the rears too?

B) Yes Rev A springs were installed on the rev A shocks, but perhaps the spring height/rate of the epic springs are similar to the Rev A springs. hypothetically if the Rev A springs were installed on stock LGT shocks, the car would ride lower.

But he was using Rev A Bilsteins with his previous Rev A Spring setup, so he had to be using the Spec B tophats...so nothing changed in the strut/tophat area. :iam:

Ah, missed the part that the RevA's were already installed.

Check unclemat's JDM FAQ thread, but I'm fairly certain the Rev A springs stock springs set higher than the Epics. Did you happen to do a side-by-side comparo before reinstalling the Epics?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Check unclemat's JDM FAQ thread, but I'm fairly certain the Rev A springs stock springs set higher than the Epics. Did you happen to do a side-by-side comparo before reinstalling the Epics?

I did, yea. The epics were just a hair shorter side by side. Barely noticeable though. didn't think much of it since there was no weight on the springs. I'll just have to see what happens over the next few days. Maybe they'll settle more than I expect. I appreciate the help!

Archived