LegacyGT.com

Why would Epic Eng Springs lift my car

Redryan98

I purchase a set of the epic engineering springs from the group buy and was excited to install them last night. The install went smoothly, but for some reason the net result is that the car actually sits slightly higher than it did before.

Now I know I should allow maybe a week or two for the springs to settle, but they'd have to settle like 1-2 inches to sit where I would expect them too based on pictures I've seen. Obviously its not going to settle that much.

The only reason I can think of is my shock/strut choice. I'm running JDM RevA SpecB struts and until last night Rev A springs. Maybe I should have researched more, but I assumed the shock's dimensions would be the same as the US versions. Am I wrong? Any other ideas as to why it might be sitting so high? I've got three finger gap on driver side and three and a half gap on passenger side.

I have for a few days, no change. Appears to be an issue with running the bilstein setup. They have thicker strut mounts which in my case offset the drop these springs would give. I've got nothing bad to say about the quality of the springs and appreciate the GB. I just didn't do my homework.

Archived