LegacyGT.com

Just Bought a Legacy!!

froginthetree

Hello all. I just joined the Legacy crowd. I purchased a 2012 Legacy Gt 6 speed and loving it. It's replacing my 04 WRX that I've had since 2005. That car has seen me through a lot and I hope my new Legacy is as enjoyable as it was. I'll be doing a lot of lurking to learn more about this car as it is significantly different than my WRX. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

Josh

I'm the business manager at Russel Subaru in Catonsville. The car was a trade and at a price I couldn't pass up. Plus, I've been looking for a suitable replacement to the WRX for a long time. It is SWP with dark gray interior limited trim. The previous owner did a few little thing to it that I would have done so just a few personal touches and I will be good. First thing first, I need to tighten up the shifter. Its so mushie compared to my WRX and so is the suspension. Other than that not much else. I don't need another 400 hp car.

I'm the business manager at Russel Subaru in Catonsville. The car was a trade and at a price I couldn't pass up. Plus, I've been looking for a suitable replacement to the WRX for a long time. It is SWP with dark gray interior limited trim. The previous owner did a few little thing to it that I would have done so just a few personal touches and I will be good. First thing first, I need to tighten up the shifter. Its so mushie compared to my WRX and so is the suspension. Other than that not much else. I don't need another 400 hp car.

Since you work for Subaru you can hopefully get a discount on the short throw shifter (it's the only one that's available for the 5th gen).

Thanks for the info. Total noob question but do you know if there are shifter bushing available as well?

I believe whiteline makes one. I skipped the bushings and swapped the trans mount instead. Added a bit of noise but much improved shifting. If you decide to get one it's actually the 5-speed mount you need not the 6-speed one (b/c our tranny is a 5 speed WRX tran with the cogs shaved to fit a 6th overdrive gear)

Hello all. I just joined the Legacy crowd. I purchased a 2012 Legacy Gt 6 speed and loving it. It's replacing my 04 WRX that I've had since 2005. That car has seen me through a lot and I hope my new Legacy is as enjoyable as it was. I'll be doing a lot of lurking to learn more about this car as it is significantly different than my WRX. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

Josh

...welcome, it's nice to have more 5th gen Legacy GTs in the DC Metro.

Archived