LegacyGT.com

anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8000K-HID-2005-SUBARU-LEGACY-RH-LH-HEADLIGHTS-NEW-/370838445589?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005%7CMake%3ASubaru%7CModel%3ALegacy&hash=item5657b19e15&vxp=mtr

I'm trying to revert back to amber corners and want HIDs. I'm a bit skeptical of them saying "plug-n-play". Don't I need a converter box?

I've no experience with that brand, but I would avoid buying aftermarket headlight assemblies. There's plenty of threads around that discuss issues with condensation, micro-cracks and spider-webbing effects over the course of time, hazing, and melting plastic.

If you want simple plug&play HIDs without having to take apart the headlight assembly, I would just swing by Diode Dynamics and pick up a set with a relay harness (so it pulls power directly from the battery). Great construction and quality, and excellent customer support. Also, 8000K is SUPER blue - you're sacrificing a lot of light output and visibility for that look. I'd go for something like 5000K if you want a nice balance of blue with good light output.

If you're willing to pop open the headlight assemblies, you can get a TRS Morimoto RetroQuik system. Best and most cost-effective HID conversion, hands-down.

As for the ambers - if the headlights are already cleared, you wouldn't be able to restore the amber (1) unless you open it up and put the amber plastics back in, (2) use an amber overlay like Lamin-X, or (3) just pick up new turn signal bulbs that are clear but blink amber (which is what I use).

Archived