LegacyGT.com

Sunroof troubles.

SubaruLegacy43

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 92 Legacy for $300, and at this point the only problem I can find is the sunroof. Sometimes it will open, and other times when the button is pressed, it just makes a clicking sound. It will open 25% of the time, and if it opens it will close. Anyone else have this problem? Any info helps. Thanks!

I dont have any factual help to add, but my '93 Sport Sedan used to only work a very small percentage of the time. It usually decided not to close whenever I would see a storm cloud on the horizon. I became quite familiar with the manual allen key method of operating the sunroof.

Try lubricating the tracks and clean the electrical contacts to the roof motor.

I dont have any factual help to add, but my '93 Sport Sedan used to only work a very small percentage of the time. It usually decided not to close whenever I would see a storm cloud on the horizon. I became quite familiar with the manual allen key method of operating the sunroof.

Try lubricating the tracks and clean the electrical contacts to the roof motor.

That is exactly how mine acts. Usually it will close if you don't turn the car off with it open. I am going to wait to really tear into it until it gets a little nicer outside. Thanks for the info and advice. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

Archived