LegacyGT.com

Small Dents

robot8282

Does anyone have any advice for removing small dents from your car? Most of them seem to be from people just carelessly opening their doors into my car, because i guess they just genuinely don't give a shit about theirs. I seem to have a lot of them and they are starting to really annoy me.

Anything thats relatively cheap would be awesome as i dont really want to spend much money removing tiny dents

PDR - Paintless Dent Removal. Google it.

You're going to have to spend money to remove it.

I understand the concept of paintless dent removal, but my question was more geared towards any tricks or techniques anyone has found in trying to remove small dents.

No need to sound uppity about it

I understand the concept of paintless dent removal, but my question was more geared towards any tricks or techniques anyone has found in trying to remove small dents.

No need to sound uppity about it

My point was simply that PDR exists as a business precisely because there aren't easy and free ways for people like you and me to remove the dents, without risking damaging stuff.

Like someone said, you can always try the heat and ice trick to pop the dent but personally I'm not comfortable doing that to my car. PDR isn't that expensive, if you've accumulated a lot of dents. Some places will simply charge by the panel, or by the total number of dents, etc.

My point was simply that PDR exists as a business precisely because there aren't easy and free ways for people like you and me to remove the dents, without risking damaging stuff.

Like someone said, you can always try the heat and ice trick to pop the dent but personally I'm not comfortable doing that to my car. PDR isn't that expensive, if you've accumulated a lot of dents. Some places will simply charge by the panel, or by the total number of dents, etc.

Understood. Thank you and yea I'm not too sure about the dry ice thing either, sounds like it could potentially end up worse if not done correctly.

Does anyone have an idea of the average cost of PDR? There are quite a few dents all over my car

• 2 weeks later...

+1 On the paintless dent removal.

I had a guy work some magic on my families cars.

Really inexpensive also.

We seemed to have 100s of local guys that did it in my city.

There is youtube videos for this stuff also...

Archived