LegacyGT.com

So I am about to buy my car again...

20w50 oil ? Kind of thick.

The rest of the list looks ok.

I will say, I really enjoy my wagon. 280whp and 300ftlbs. The car will get 24-25mpg or better on the highway. The car is a absolute blast to drive on the backroads. I can't imagine why you need so much more HP for a DD. Sure another 15 -25whp might be nice. But I didn't want to send the extra money on injectors and fuel pump. Even on the highway, just drop it down a gear give it full boost, the car goes from 60-90 pretty quickly. With traffic being what it is, you can't drive that fast that long any ways.

Just trying to give you a realist view. May be help you decide what you really want.

You said your leaving the car for a year, I'm guessing your being deployed ? Why don't you save your money until you get closer to returning then begin to spend it.

I think I would be happy with 280, as it will be my DD for the foreseeable future. I am taking all this into consideration though... maybe I don't know what I really want. Yes on deployment. I'm having it done while I'm gone so I have something to come back to, haha. I have some in savings already, the car crapped on me in April so I've been saving up.

Isn't the 20w50 for the break-in period only?

With it being a 5eat why not do this while everything is apart:

I believe that is the idea with the higher viscosity oil.

This would be awesome, but...

For your 2005-2007 Legacy GT and Outback XT 5EAT (5-speed Electronic Automatic Transmission). 2008-2009 products are in the R&D process.

A work in progress. Climber is trying to buy/build a valve body dyno so he can bench test instead of swapping VB's constantly. 08+ turned out to be far more complex than anticipated.

Couple things...you need to remind this shop you have a 5EAT before they sell you anymore transmission parts. You certainly can't use a stage 3 clutch!

For fuel, they are selling you the wrong fuel pump. You don't want the DW265. They make a legacy specific pump now DW65c that drops in. Make them change that for sure.

On the engine parts list, the only internals upgrade that I am clearly seeing are the eagle rods. (Although the scans are hard to read on my iPhone). Make sure on the other stuff. What type of crankshaft? Pistons? Etc.

Please note we are bagging on you or this shop. We are just trying to help you get the most out of your $ and build! :)

Archived