LegacyGT.com

Speedo trim ring light out, how to fix?

Hey All. I have an 07 LGT. As you know there is a ring that cirles the speedo and tach that lights up red. I noticed this morning that part of the ring that circles the speedometer is not lighting up. Its at the very bottom of the ring.

I haven't pulled the gauge cluster out yet so I'm not sure...is it a series of seperate lights that goes around the speedo and tach, or is it one led strip? If its bulb I imagine it will be easy to fix but if its a led strip I'm not sure. Anyone have this happen before or have some insight?

Nothing? I assume its LED since it looks like the other lights in the cluster (DRL for example) are non serviceable. I guess my only option is to get a new cluster, which presumably would have to come from the dealer to program the odometer. Not worth it, guess I'll have to live with the light out. :(

I don't think the very bottom of the speedo ring lights up, at least mine doesn't. The tach ring is complete, but not the speedo. I annoys me, but I think that's the way it's made.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

05's are different. No fuel econ gauge, the speedo/tach overlap each other, no multifunction display, and the fuel/temp gauges have lighted rings.

They look like dis:

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/35777/subaru-legacy-25gt-limited-instrument-cluster-photo-143403-s-1280x782.jpg

hahaha no.

Anything's interchangeable if you don't mind swapping over all the supporting electronics.

I have an 05, I bought an 08 parts car. I'm considering swapping over the entire wire harness to get the 08 gauges and SI drive, but I'm beginning to think that's a little nutso. . . probably just swap the stuff i really want (like the stereo with steering wheel controls and aux in) and save the rest for a good donor car, like a 2.5RS or something.

Archived