LegacyGT.com

Just bought 05 outback xt 5sd

I just wondered on to a car lot and found a very nice outback xt 5sp limited with 97,000 miles on it. I'm not sure what has been done to it but it has a clean car fax and looks to be well cared for. I want to start doing some mods a little at a time. It does have hid or Xeon lights and was told it has a modified exhaust. I am rather new to the subie world and this is the first turbo I have owened. I do body work and paint cars for a living so I can do most thngs myself. I would like to know we're I can get info on what a lot of the mods do and what I should or shouldn't do. Thanks for any and all info

Welcome. Enjoy the wagon. Do you know if the timing belt has been changed? It's recommended around 90k I believe. I would swap your catted up pipe with a catless one. There is a thing called a banjo bolt it has a filter in it to filter the oil going to the turbo. I would check that and remove screen or clean. Use dealer filters on oil changes and CHECK your oil level often. Search around on the forum you will find tons of useful info.

I would have some money aside to do the 105k maintenance done. So many mods depending on what your budget is and goals I'd do a search and read the stickys. Welcome and I love the OBXT 5MT I have an 08 limited. Post pictures! We love pictures

I have no idea if the timing belt has been changed so that is one thing I am going to start buying parts for. I just ordered the oil filter for the turbo so I can take care of that.. I see you can get a racing Kevlar belt kit so I will work on getting that and a OEM water pump. I just put some Kamodo tires on her since the michilens were shot. It has a iPod cord wired in now all I have to is figure out how it works, I put my iPod on but i haven't figured out how to switch the radio yet. May add XM later. Not going to go crazy on mods at least not till it's paid for then maybe if I don't buy a toy to play with since I have my motorcycle. I need it to stay reliable for my daily driver when I'm not riding. Thanks for all the great info on here

Archived