LegacyGT.com

Recommended places for service/maintenance?

starlabs

Well I've got 1500 miles on the subi now, and I'm considering getting an early oil change (mainly for peace of mind).

I've thought about doing it myself (never did anything remotely car mechanical like that before, might be interesting :lol: ) but I figure taking it to a dealership might be better as I would have a maintenance record in case warranty issues come up.

So what are the good dealerships/shops to go for maintenance? I've heard bad things about Santa Monica, Thousand Oaks Subaru - mostly from this board.

TIA http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3762/thanks0vs.gif

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Well I've got 1500 miles on the subi now, and I'm considering getting an early oil change (mainly for peace of mind).

I've thought about doing it myself (never did anything remotely car mechanical like that before, might be interesting :lol: ) but I figure taking it to a dealership might be better as I would have a maintenance record in case warranty issues come up.

So what are the good dealerships/shops to go for maintenance? I've heard bad things about Santa Monica, Thousand Oaks Subaru - mostly from this board.

TIA http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3762/thanks0vs.gif

Well, if you were truly in Southern Southern California, I'd recommend Rancho in San Diego. Rick Dell is the regional Master Mech and he's the only one who works on my car.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hey Subie, do you have a preferred service writer at Rancho?

And have you experienced the "studdering" discussed on the warranty boards? I have alot of turbo surging at part throttle acceleration, and am curious as to whether or not Rancho is aware of this problem and the ECU reflash fix.

Glad to hear that Rancho is recommended. I went there when shopping for my LGT and was so put off by the dealers that I have thus far avoided them for service. I'll try them out for my next service though, they are by far the closest dealer to me.

Hey Subie, do you have a preferred service writer at Rancho?

And have you experienced the "studdering" discussed on the warranty boards? I have alot of turbo surging at part throttle acceleration, and am curious as to whether or not Rancho is aware of this problem and the ECU reflash fix.

Yes I had the stutter issue and had Rick Dell the Master Tech notate it on my invoice for future reference and documentation.

John K (can't spell or pronounce his last name and everyone just calls him John K) is who I always use. Called him, told him I was having issues with the stuttering and made an appointment to get the reflash. He set me up with no questions.

Also stopped by, the Friday before the appointment, and had Rick Dell pull the computer ID so he could fax the info to SOA to get approval to do the reflash. That way, when I brought the car in, there would be less delay, all Rick had to do was pull the ECU and send if off, wait for it to return and voilla, I'm good to go.

HTH

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 4 weeks later...

www.subyspecialties.com

I promise you, it's worth the drive. When my '98 Forester had it's head gasket issue, I towed the car 90+ miles from Oxnard to have these guys work on it.

They are the ONLY place in SoCal I'd take my vehicle. I'm in NorCal now, and have a great place to take my Subie up here. These are the only two mechanics in North America I'd trust with my Subie. I love my Subie too much.

Wow, sounds like some good options down south. Too bad I'm a tad north. I think I'll either go to Subyspecialties or Irvine Subaru if a warranty issue arrives.

I've decided (with the help of a friend) to do my first oil change myself (going to install a Fumoto valve)...

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

• 4 weeks later...

Archived