LegacyGT.com

S401 vs GT

I thought that the S401 had the same engine as the rest of the B4 RSKs. Did it not? I think I'd rather have a GT (Spec B?). The lighter weight better design are worth more to me than the other nices things of the S401. Now that new Legacy by STi like your avatar would win over both easily.

Yeah is was tweaked a few ponies, but not all too significant from the people I talked to. The handling was the biggest deal in the S401 and the interior ammenities. But nothing justified the HUGE pricetag. IIRC it was at least another half or more than a regular B4 RSK.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='kage']Oy. It's funny that the Aussies are getting the shaft this time. To paraphrase the classic NASIOC OT quote: Why Subaru don't manual?[/quote] Its not funny at all, its actually down right despressing I have to say. Apparently the MT is coming but when (shrugs sholders) no one is saying. Later this year it will hit the show rooms in OZ The Rumour File (Oz Style) The 6MT MY04 version might have an STi badge slapped on the side door and front grill because the Olde Aussie Folk didnt take too kindly to the 5MT version of the MY02 B4. For this reason and to make it a different offering, a GT STi may be used to entice more MT buyers but for the moment it may only be a 2.0 6MT rather than the 2.5 that the US are getting. But hey, it Fuji want to give us the 2.5 6MT, EVO killing beast, well umm where do I sign ?????

[quote name='agctr']Its not funny at all, its actually down right despressing I have to say. Apparently the MT is coming but when (shrugs sholders) no one is saying. Later this year it will hit the show rooms in OZ.[/quote] It's funny because this year's GT will be the FIRST turbo Legacy we've had in about ten years, whereas your country has enjoyed the bounty of Subaru's production for years. Besides, can't you get a JDM Legacy GT on the grey market?

I'm going to agree with kage, at least partially if not wholely. The pacific rim countries have at least had the avilability while we have had nothing since the original 160hp/181lb-ft turbocharged Legacy. So whining we won't have something for one or two years, well, we've sucked it up for a LONG time. I've been waiting a good 3-4 years for a turbo Leg, we didn't have any turbo models in the USDM nor import options as it would cost a number of cars (including crash testing) and such to has many of the US DOT, EPA, and other standards and laws. They wouldn't pass emissions here as far as I know. So I really don't have much pitty as I see things have been available, whether Impreza, Forester, or Legacy as we've had basically nil for turbo options. BTW, EJ20H-TT, yeah I've heard that's the hot thing right now. Not that I blame them. So I've heard they are working on putting that in future models of countries that don't have displacement tax laws. Interesting enough Japan is even using it in it's STi FXT model.

[quote name='"SUBE555"']The pacific rim countries have at least had the avilability while we have had nothing since the original 160hp/181lb-ft turbocharged Legacy. So whining we won't have something for one or two years, well, we've sucked it up for a LONG time. I've been waiting a good 3-4 years for a turbo Leg, So I really don't have much pitty as I see things have been available, whether Impreza, Forester, or Legacy /quote] Sube, totally agree and totally hear what you are saying, we have had the rest now we want to raise the bar and get the best and Im sure we will get there. As I stated before, the ppl in Japan, New Zealand and Australia are more than happy to fork out extra cash to get a better and something different other than the STi WRX. Not that the Rex isnt a fantastic car, but to have a sleeper such as a STi GT Legacy/Liberty would really be something to put up against the M3's and EVO's of the world. Anyway, just to let you know I have put yr name down for Santa to bring you one too.

Archived