LegacyGT.com

Wagon vs. sedan catback 2005 GT

rayu

I have a 2005 Legacy GT limited 5MT that has cracked just downstream of the resonator and also has a leak at the mid-pipe Y. Flanges to mufflers have also almost disappeared after nine New England winters. Looks like a catback system is the way to go.

I've done quite a bit of research and I am still unclear on the difference between the sedan and wagon fitment. Some indicate that the difference is small and others that a sedan fitment will end 3-4 inches short of the bumper cutout. Looking at a vendor with good selection, for example, Import Image Racing, only the AVO system (the most expensive one they carry) is listed in separate wagon and sedan fitments.

I would appreciate any definitive information.

Yeah, what wpmarky said. My Borla CBE was listed only as fitting the sedan, but I haven't had any problems with it on my wagon.

A while back I measured how far back the Borla tips were from the back of the bumper, and I came up with about 3.25". I never measured the distance of the stock tips before I took the factory system off, but looking at some old pics, I'm guessing it was about 1.5". So, it really isn't too much of a difference. I've always liked it, very subtle in appearance, with the tips tucked up under the bumper. It was my understanding that other "sedan" systems on a wagon would fit pretty much the same way. I have heard of people having an exhaust shop extend the tips a little.

Check out posts 5 and 6 of this thread for some of my pics of the Borla:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wagons-borla-cbei-145779.html

Archived