LegacyGT.com

Feal Suspension coilovers

INVNO1

I have a local customer with Feal coils. They had to be "rebuilt" withing a few months of install. Feal did this for free. Then a few months later they failed again. Now Feal will not touch them. Customer has a dirt drive way. Feal says the dirt driveway is the cause of the failure and customer can not use Feal coils on a dirty road. LOL. Swapping over to KW's now.

I have a local customer with Feal coils. They had to be "rebuilt" withing a few months of install. Feal did this for free. Then a few months later they failed again. Now Feal will not touch them. Customer has a dirt drive way. Feal says the dirt driveway is the cause of the failure and customer can not use Fealcoils on a dirty road. LOL. Swapping over to KW's now.

Amazingly true of all the knockoffs...

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Now we have an Online Catalog where you can purchase Parts! AZPParts.com

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

hmmm, just started reading this.. pretty sure feal's have hotbits internals.. which are pretty well regarded all around.. and as far as busting on someone for the ol "you want coilovers what racing are you doing thing" um we are all here because we like/love to mess with our cars so you can say that about anyone on here who has more than stock hp/ or aftermarket sway bars..etc...as far as the guy who knows a guy who has a customer who's cousin blew a pair of feals.. sure.. maybe that happened, maybe but my experience talking with Odi has been pretty good.. i'd find it hard to believe that he wouldn't stand by his products.. (has anyone shown Odi this thread? ) that being said if someone turns the coilovers to full stiff then fangs it down a country dirt road.. I'm pretty sure good things won't happen...

I bought a set of these coilovers because.. I had a pair of megans and they were not good.. I was going to get a set of JVAB's suspension, or all wheels driven boingers then focused in on hotbits as having a good rep.. but when I saw that these were available I jumped on em and they are great...

I really don't understand the hate on suspension choices...nobody ever says "you want 350hp 20g E85 car what racing are you doing?" I'm no expert but these seem like a quality product sold by a good guy. I can go drive, jump out of my car and in 20 seconds twist some knobs and learn about car balance or what suspension/tire pressure setup makes my car feel better (or worse) am I "racing" well .. yes about 6x a year on ice on WRC stock/fia numbered ice racing tires .. do I NEED those... NO! but its fun as shit.. it's also fun to put on some coilovers that work pretty well for our cars and are something else to play with... I put a front LSD in my car too and I don't race.. but I sure as heck love to haul ass up to the mtns in the winter...

hmmm, just started reading this.. pretty sure feal's have hotbits internals.. which are pretty well regarded all around.. and as far as busting on someone for the ol "you want coilovers what racing are you doing thing" um we are all here because we like/love to mess with our cars so you can say that about anyone on here who has more than stock hp/ or aftermarket sway bars..etc...as far as the guy who knows a guy who has a customer who's cousin blew a pair of feals.. sure.. maybe that happened, maybe but my experience talking with Odi has been pretty good.. i'd find it hard to believe that he wouldn't stand by his products.. (has anyone shown Odi this thread? ) that being said if someone turns the coilovers to full stiff then fangs it down a country dirt road.. I'm pretty sure good things won't happen...

I bought a set of these coilovers because.. I had a pair of megans and they were not good.. I was going to get a set of JVAB's suspension, or all wheels driven boingers then focused in on hotbits as having a good rep.. but when I saw that these were available I jumped on em and they are great...

I really don't understand the hate on suspension choices...nobody ever says "you want 350hp 20g E85 car what racing are you doing?" I'm no expert but these seem like a quality product sold by a good guy. I can go drive, jump out of my car and in 20 seconds twist some knobs and learn about car balance or what suspension/tire pressure setup makes my car feel better (or worse) am I "racing" well .. yes about 6x a year on ice on WRC stock/fia numbered ice racing tires .. do I NEED those... NO! but its fun as shit.. it's also fun to put on some coilovers that work pretty well for our cars and are something else to play with... I put a front LSD in my car too and I don't race.. but I sure as heck love to haul ass up to the mtns in the winter...

Coilovers are made to be used on a racetrack. They are not built to be used on the street on a daily basis. They are lacking components for keeping the dirt out and are only made to last about 1-2 seasons before being rebuilt. Coilovers should be removed and cleaned, lubed, inspected before winter. If you read the parts they say for "off road use only".

If you are putting on any of these chinese knockoff coilovers on your car for getting a stance, and don't care about performance of the dampers then God bless and enjoy. The reason I ask "what kind of racing" is because they are built for the racetrack, not the street. If you are driving your car on the street and need the performance of racing coilovers, you are likely driving way too fast. The cost to remove and service a set of cheap coilovers, is likely higher than the actual cost of the coilovers!

As I said, the shock dynos on these dampers is generally very inconsistent at best and drop off after 1 or 2 cycles thereby making the handling WORSE than if you put on a good set of struts and springs.

Again, if you are using them for the look, then that's fine get any old coilovers.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Now we have an Online Catalog where you can purchase Parts! AZPParts.com

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

As I said, the shock dynos on these dampers is generally very inconsistent at best and drop off after 1 or 2 cycles thereby making the handling WORSE than if you put on a good set of struts and springs.

That was the case with my Megans. Speed bumps, expansion joints, etc... one side of the car would rebound higher than the other. Inconsistent is right.

But I did manage to get 6 years of use out of them.

I have no idea what you're on about.

I had a bad rant filled day at work yesterday, sorry boys :)

anyway what I was trying to say is that, the thread is about a new coilover setup for our cars.. not a thread about whether or not someone should buy coilovers for a DD car.. I am sure one of those threads exist.. look over on nasioc quite a few people over there with over 25 k on em through winters etc.. not that that means anything.. as I drove around on megans for 5 years and thought they felt ok... anyway I like these much better:) and one of you haters :) said there is no adjustability... 2-3 clicks seem pretty noticeable to me.. come out to denver and Ill let you guys drive my car.. and if they are a compromise.. so be it.. hate to say it guys but we all compromised.. we have legacy's after all..

uh oh now I did it:)

Archived