LegacyGT.com

Oh great and wise New Englanders

TrueWhiteBoy

I'm planning to visit some friends in Hamden CT for a few days in October.

(and also look at pretty trees and experience "weather" :lol: )

I'm flying into Newark, but I think I'm likely to have a day or two to myself and was curious

1. If you had recommendations on the best route to get to Hamden.

Google is recommending this, but I'm not sure it's ideal (not that familiar with the area and the last time I got stuck in a bunch of traffic when I hit NY)

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=ewr+to+hamden&saddr=ewr&daddr=hamden&ll=41.267485,-74.30603&spn=0.279729,0.808868&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=np&t=h&z=10&geocode=FaMhbQIdPmGU-yGG8tfFN7TzsynvDOzF4VLCiTGG8tfFN7Tzsw%3BFcZ3dwIdMpin-ymJd4YZc9vniTHx5DjNjWPdcQ

2. Cool restaurants or sights along the way

Timing will be a major part of the time needed. You have to cross the Hudson at some point and have a choice of driving out of your way to avid NYC versus a more direct route.

Personally, I'd take 95 N to 91 N. But, opinions will vary on whether 15, mostly a 2 lane hiway is better than the Interstate.

Try posting this in the Tri-State Forum....

CT splits between the Tri-State and "New England"

For instance I live on the border of CT/MA, but Hamden is the southern part of CT and much closer to NY/NJ.

That is a decent option (Rt 15 (otherwise know as the "Merritt Parkway) is a smaller divided highway, and I-95 is a traffic nightmare!!! (personally that's the route I use to go into NYC)

As to restaurants sight-seeing.... The Tri-State folks may be able to better help with that.

Archived