LegacyGT.com

GS Master Cylinder Brace

WorldIsFlat

That's pretty close, but not something I'd be worried about. Once your brake fluid got to that temperature, it'd be scientifically impossible for the temperature of the brake fluid (or brake gas I guess) to exceed that temperature so it'd be fine. Also, I'd only expect the brake fluid immediately behind the pistons and within the caliper itself to boil... I seriously doubt the fluid in your lines themselves actually ever gets that hot.

rotors were 1600F (only because that was the limit of the temp gauge). There was no brakes - went flat to the floor and no amount of pumping made any difference. Thank God the parking brake had some life in it. Didja know you can ABS with an e-brake? Neither did I.

The brake fluid went from gold to black between start of session and end of session.

Unfortunately, there's no video or data. For many reasons, as it was the fastest I've gone on that track by a big margin.

I don't doubt that happened, but bear in mind that not all the fluid in the system has to boil in order for that to happen. Only the fluid in your calipers has to boil for it to render your hydraulic brake system useless in the way you described.

Archived