LegacyGT.com

SSR GT2's Anyone got em?

zildjiank

I called the tire rack and they told me that the GT2's don't fit the legacy, because the way they look them up, by car and not by specs, he couldn't tell me whether it fit or not, or even what bolt pattern it came in, or the offset. Does anyone have this wheel on the LGT? Who did you get it from? And what are the specs? I want to see the 18X8.5...

18x8 works with the +51 offset... 18x8.5 +48mm is a tough fitment, but it's doable.. 245/35/18 would be the max tire. http://www.racecompengineering.com had a set that I barrowed for a test fitment and they cleared just fine even on a lowered car with coilovers.

You may need to roll the rear fenders and you would DEFINITELY need to take off the rubber weather stripping off the rear fender for it to clear. Expect some rubbing from the bumpsteer when you turn the wheel to the lock.

Keefe

Keefe

Gonna be in sac town eh? Well, then maybe you and I can rule this town for today! Cause I rule it everyday...there ain't nobody w/ this car around town, i've only seen one GT in 6 months of flaunting around sacramento....:D

Just got mine in 18x8 with 225/40/18

No problems with fitment. I called Luke to get mine. He's on vacation right now but just pretend you're buying them for a wrx. Their computer won't let them order it for a legacy.

I think you emailed me and I accidently deleted it, sorry.

I'll post pics tonight.

18x8 works with the +51 offset... 18x8.5 +48mm is a tough fitment, but it's doable.. 245/35/18 would be the max tire. www.racecompengineering.com had a set that I barrowed for a test fitment and they cleared just fine even on a lowered car with coilovers.

You may need to roll the rear fenders and you would DEFINITELY need to take off the rubber weather stripping off the rear fender for it to clear. Expect some rubbing from the bumpsteer when you turn the wheel to the lock.

Keefe

I thought you said that a 48mm offset would do fine for an 18X8.5 rim...or is that just because this one wheel's fitment in that size is wierd for our car?

So, if 48mm offset barely works, then what is the preferred offset for 8.5" rim?

go higher with a +51

I think Tanabe bought up SSR now since SSR had issues with financial difficulty from making soo many rims and had issues keeping their books straight.

Dont worry, SSR will continue on.

Keefe

Keefe

I think Tanabe bought up SSR now since SSR had issues with financial difficulty from making soo many rims and had issues keeping their books straight.

Dont worry, SSR will continue on.

Keefe

Thanks Keefe!

Shoot, 255 is what i'm shootin for, but just can't seem to find the right wheel for...and Keefe just said that the 18X8.5 wheel 48mm offset will have fitment issues...

So, where do I go to get my fenders rolled? Anyone else done it? keefe, you done it?

Shoot, 255 is what i'm shootin for, but just can't seem to find the right wheel for...and Keefe just said that the 18X8.5 wheel 48mm offset will have fitment issues...

So, where do I go to get my fenders rolled? Anyone else done it? keefe, you done it?

a 8.5" +48 is very close... especially with a 255.. a 245 wouldnt be as much of a problem.. the concern is that every tire is made differently, even if it's compared at the same size. That is the chance you take when you are maxing out that much of the fender well for a rim and tire without some kind of modifications.

Keefe

Keefe

a 8.5" +48 is very close... especially with a 255.. a 245 wouldnt be as much of a problem.. the concern is that every tire is made differently, even if it's compared at the same size. That is the chance you take when you are maxing out that much of the fender well for a rim and tire without some kind of modifications.

Keefe

Ok, so let's say I shot for a 245/35/18 Falken Azensis....or however you spell that...I hear they are wide, and that tire just might be as wide as some others in 255 measurements...

Will that tire fit with the same rim fitment? or is the rim the problem, and not the tire?

do they even make a 245/35/18 Azenis?? (no).. you can get a 235/40/18 and run a 18x8 +51 offset as the widest you can go without rubbing.

If you are sticking with the 18x8, just get the 225/40/18 and it will be just fine because it's built like a 235 anyways.. the 235/40/18 might be built closer to a 245 or even a 255 possibly.

Not sure if you are saying or asking if it's a rim or tire fitment problem. The rim is what dictates everything (tells you where the tire is located in the fender as well as telling you how wide a tire is allowed on the wheel).

http://www.1010tires.com

Keefe

Keefe

Would the same offset work (40mm) work when stepping from 18" to 19" wheel if the widths are the same @ 8"?
It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Archived