LegacyGT.com

Clutch Ideas? Need help ASAP

Whiteouttx

Alright so me and my dad have just bought a 2005 Legacy GT with the 5 speed in it, for 4 grand from a 61 year old man. He bought it new and had done the Cobb stage two with the up-pipe and down-pipe and lowered it a little bit. He mentioned that the clutch was inoperable. Me and my dad couldn't pass up the deal anyways, I've been looking for a white legacy for 7 months now.

My dad has asked me to ask you guys what you think is a good clutch to put in, he doesn't wanna spend a whole bunch of money but he has grown up in a transmission shop since he was 4.

So any recommendations?

Thanks in advance! :lol:

I would recommend the Exedy factory clutch from one of our vendors here on this site. I would also recommend a new single mass flywheel since you need a new flywheel anyway. (The 05-06 LGT's have a dual mass flywheel which is expensive to replace. An 06/07 WRX fitment clutch and flywheel is your best bet and most cost effective) I had 90,000 miles on my factory clutch when I replaced it and it was still good.

There is soo much info on this site about clutches, and everybody has their favorite. It's best to do some reading and searching, and base your decision on what others reviews have been. While your in there you may want to look at getting a tks3 kit as well. Have fun reading! Since these cars have been out for a while, most questions have been answered many times, but that's why this forum is great!

Archived