LegacyGT.com

Perrin turbo inlet

I was not planning on getting one, but mine was found to be cracked. Motor is out, almost back together. One of the hoses though is a difference size then Perrin provides you with, Perrin gives you a 1/2" 90 degree adapter, but the hose is actually a 5/8". I know I can just clamp it, but that seems kind of ghetto, for $230 they should supply the right one.

Also I just want to be 100% clear, on the PCV vent, I remove the white plastic piece with the plug, and put the hose straight onto the inlet, then take the plug terminals out of the white piece, and put them into the harness plug to avoid a CEL?

Perrin’s instructions are garbage. I found the instructions for the PCV part on a STI write up...

on the end of the PCV return, there is a white sensor, As I understand from reading on STI/WRX installs I take that off and basically throw it away, then plug the hose straight into the new inlet with out the sensor. Then on the harness, I basically jump the 2 pins together so I dont get a CEL

http://www.infamousperformance.net/media/01/a20792012eb22e873a47b6_m.jpg

I just installed one on my 05 lgt... like said just connect the hose to the turbo inlet, removed the metal "fork" from inside the electrical plug and insert into the wiring harness plug and shrinkwrap/tape the end and tuck away. Everything has been fine on my car for 3,000 miles so far.

I just installed one on my 05 lgt... like said just connect the hose to the turbo inlet, removed the metal "fork" from inside the electrical plug and insert into the wiring harness plug and shrinkwrap/tape the end and tuck away. Everything has been fine on my car for 3,000 miles so far.

Now im curious. What did you gain by doing this?

Archived