LegacyGT.com

Legacy Question...?

Whoa91

When I was test Drivin the Legacy Gt I noticed in the middle where the car displays the system info such as temperture and miles till empty, i noticed to the right it said passenger Air bag On , does anyone know why it says that??? I never seen a car with that before, and If i get one i wanted to take that whole part out and put a monitor in there, do u think that would cause a problem for the airbag??

that air bag light is for the passenger..(it lights up when the air bag is UNARMED).. there's a weight sensor (75 lbs or more) on the passenger seat.. the light will go off and the passenger side air bag will be armed when someone sits in that front passenger seat.. it's a way to cut costs down for repairs if you were to ever get into a car accident from what I know (no sense in deploying an air bag when no one is sitting in the passenger seat).. I already emailed Cableplex (MattJK) for an installation of an LCD in the compartment where the Navigation is suppose to be. I doubt it would be a problem, you just have to get a smaller screen to fit in there. Keefe
Keefe

Archived