LegacyGT.com

Difficulties Shifting into Reverse

V-Power

Having difficulties shifting in Reverse after starting car (5 speed manual). Coming from Honda Accord 5mt, the trick was shift in second then reverse with no problem.

Now I shift in 1st with the LGT, move the car forward a few inches and I can find reverse. Any ideas what this is all about?

the reverese is not sinchronised :) with all the gears just with 1st

that is all, u don't have to move the car, just put in 1st, lift the clutch until u sense the care moving, then u can put it in reverse with ease.

Ayup, no Synchro for reverse.

Either do the "first-to-reverse" trick, or double-clutch. :) Both work like a charm.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

2nd gear, then reverse... works all the time. I have to do it to my Civic Si too...
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

If it won't go in the first time, don't force it. Usually, just releasing the clutch and then back in will be enough to allow the transmission to go into reverse. Every manual transmission car I've own has been the same.
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Luxomissle waGONE

If it won't go in the first time, don't force it. Usually, just releasing the clutch and then back in will be enough to allow the transmission to go into reverse. Every manual transmission car I've own has been the same.

I had a cadillac CTS that had a synchro'd reverse but then again that was a really nice ZF trans.. :) (in regards to most cars)

My acura TSX had a similar problem, a lil double clutch and everything was happy..

My friends 92x (aka) wrx does the same thing :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived