LegacyGT.com

Intake set up

IGW

FWIW.. I'm pretty sure I was able to max my OEM intake out with a 16g on E85. I was scaling the maf and running out of air which I haven't seen happen before. I went with a KSTech 73mm and was able to get it scaled correctly.

If you're hitting around 4.7 maf volts, you might need to upgrade. Otherwise I agree stock is your best bet.

Not really, I just replaced the short block and had the heads rebuilt. I replace the turbo inlet with a perrin piece cause the factory was torn. So if there is no benefit from replacing the air box im not going to. I have a k&n filter inside the box and the car runs great so "if it aint broke don't fix it"

Perhaps previous owner had an aftermarket intake on it.. I would try to located the air ducting but it is not a mandatory part. Without it you will be sucking in much warmer air which will cause ignition timing to drop a bit.

^ Yep, basically the car is already setup with a CAI. It sucks the ambient air right from the front of the grill. Not going to get much cooler. SR will just suck hot air from the engine bay.

For what it's worth I've always run K&N until coming to this forum. We put 100k miles on our 07 2.5i Impreza, never used a drop of oil, car still ran great up until trade in. Only had to replace the struts on the front, pretty messed up roads in parts around here. The filter did add some noise to the Impreza, but that's about it.

Plus having to clean/oil this filters, they take forever to dry. And if you over oil it can get on your MAF, giving you one more thing to check and clean.

What kind of car do you have?

If you are looking for sound there are plenty of cheap exhausts you can get, or just run the hawgzaust (sp). I ran the hawg for a while, sounded great, but got over it after a while. As soon as I stop being lazy I need to get my UP and a tune going.

Sounds like an UELH subby! Classic sound for $2 in parts. :)

I did drive for a bit with them off all together. Under WOT, WOW that is LOUD! Funny part is my wife would love to drive it around without mufflers, but the cops in CA wouldn't. ;)

Sounds good until you can find an exhaust you want.

Personally I think I'm going with Invidia or Nameless for the cat/axle back and an Invidia down. High flow cat of course, bellmouth (not divorced).

It's a Subaru, won't sound like a lawmower honda or just a loud leak. If you like the beefy WRX/STI sound, this will give you that exact same thing. You can adjust the number of washers to help with the sound and drone. Truly I had no issues with it, liked the sound. Cheap and if you hate it, just put back. Plus you can get a look at how to install a new axle back, super easy.

Are you a mechanic or just an hobbyist? What type of BMW?

This should give you an idea of the sound.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpG2m65jjXQ]Subaru Legacy GT Megan Racing Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FghKdci3Gbg]Subaru Legacy GT exhaust sound - Hogzaust - YouTube[/ame]

Archived