LegacyGT.com

Outback Diesel CVT.

ehsnils

Congrats!

What kind of milage? Tq?

It's completely new for today, so I don't have any real figures on fuel consumption yet.

For power/torque 150hp/350Nm (258 lbft), max torque between 1600 and 2400 rpm.

453747.png

Good choice on the CVT. Any plans to drive down my way?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Wow turbo diesel and a CVT. It must hold you in your seat the whole time.

Good choice on the CVT. Any plans to drive down my way?

No plans going south for the moment unless my job expects me to, but that's not predicted right now.

The diesel really works well with the CVT. One disadvantage with the diesel with MT is that if you get too low on rpms (about anything below 1400) you have very little torque and it takes a lifetime to get up to speed unless you downshift. Engine rpm with the CVT is around 1700 to 2200 rpm when driving on the highway at about 110km/h (70 mph).

Takes a little to get used to the paddles, and at least the downshift paddle is useful since it provides engine braking and that can be nice on roads with varying speed limits.

At more inspired driving there's some hesitation when you come back on the throttle after a short slowing down when getting into a curve. I would like to see the SI-drive on the diesel too, that could probably solve that "problem".

453747.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I seriously doubt it as well but subaru seems to use the Edm market as a test area before they release stuff to north America

The US has strict regulations regarding diesel emissions and tests the engines for quite along time to evaluate how they mature, so to speak.

Sent from Titletown.

• 1 month later...

Archived