LegacyGT.com

What Should this end up being

zims

Hey Guys, This is my first post... But I wanted to ask a question and say a quick comment... First, I am very very close to purchasing a new GT Limited Automatic (I drive over a snowy pass alot of the winter and figure its just a better option for me) thanks to everyone here for the motivation to do this... Here is were my question comes in, I don't keep cars long and this new Lease factory incentive rate of 299 a month for the non-limited manual GT is interesting, what would I expect that lease rate to be monthly if it was to be upgraded to a limited and automatic, assuming the same amount down and excellent credit to be?? Thanks Guys Brian

maybe I can chime in...firstly, you're going to have to talk to a dealer for the price. Anyone can balk any number, but it's the horse that has to tell you the price. Secondly, it's more costly in the long run to deal with a lease, since you will have to 1) keep the miles low; 2) buy gap insurance; 3) take really good care of it, or you will take the hit at the end of the lease; 4) If in three years, you decide NOT to go with a subaru, you basically rented a car for that amount of time, and you regain NONE of it's value; 5) Regardless of GAP insurance, you will also have to have a regular policy with lower minimum's, i.e. greater than the state minimum for insurance (above the 25/50/25 policy that is NY's state minimum, 500 deductible, etc. - as far as I know). Other than that, it all depends on the dealer/availability. They are going to want to sell more cars, rather than leasing them...is what I would assume, so you might not get the best available deal with the added features on a lease. I am not a car dealer, but have researched this issue many a time. Hope this helps, i.

im presently waiting for my car to arrive. leased a 05 limited 5eat. with 2700.00 down, im gonna pay $320.00 a month, with added subwoofer. perimeter alarm and dimming mirror. lease is for 42 months, 15000 miles a year (slightly upgraded from factory lease special) buyout at end of lease is about $15100.00, or hopefully the legacy sti will be here by then :D

so basically...you will end up spending a total of $31240.00 plus the finance charges on the 15,100, should you decide to purchase the vehicle at that time. 2700 down + (320*42) + 15100 = 31240.00 + add'l finance charges, if vehicle is bought at end of term, and mileage overage (if any) Regardless, good luck with the car. later, i.

Heres what I'm offered and I'm probably going to take... 2500 down, no acquisition fees, 218 title, and first month payment, 39 month 15k a year for 325 a month. It is a 05 Legacy limited sedan auto, mirror, and security... I think its a pretty damn good deal Brian

If you havent signed the paperwork already, consider [url]www.leasecompare.com[/url] I dont know if they have a better alternative and likely not as manafacturers often subsidize a lease and such leases really are good lease deals.... FWIW, here is why I lease at least one of my vehicles. I am a sole proprietor and I get to write off an entire lease and all associated costs of operating the car. So.... Say I make $100K per year self-employed. I would normally pay about about $35K in taxes each year. With my new leased legacy (zero down, only first months payment and related fees for about 600 dollars total), at $380 per month, plus $110 on insurance per month, plus maintenance for the year, and gas and oil, say each month I am able write off $550. Times that by 12 months and my adjusted gross income is now ~$93K per year. That $7K difference means I dont have to pay Uncle Sam the ~$2K tax on that $7K that year. That is, rather than owing $35K in taxes, I now owe $33K. At the end of the 5 year lease, that $2K tax saving is now a total of $10K that I would have had to have paid to the gov. My residual at the end of 5 years is ~ $12K. If I want to buy the car, I now have a perfectly maintained used legacy that I can buy for $12K that has at least 100K miles of good life left in the car. If I finance that $12K over, say 3 years, I will pay (that is, own for) ~$13.5K for my now 8 year old car. The initial 63 payments of $380 means nothing to me in that it was a business expense, just as I pay for travel, new computers, continued training, new clothes, etc. In other words, my legacy is simply a piece of my overhead that I have purposley chosen to include in my business plan. One counter argument would be, take the money that I paid each month ($550), save it, pay the taxes on it , and over the 63 months, I would have ~$30K in the bank, but no legacy for that same amount of time. But I need a car, so it this agument fails in that it is unrealistic to not have a car and work for living and need to drive to do so. Or, if I bought the car for say, $28K and made 60 payments: 20 percent down(~$5600), then 60 payments at $400.73, at the end of 5 years, I have put out a total of ~$30K for a car that is now worth about $12-$14 grand. For "owning" the car, I have therefore invested (and been taxed on) the entire ~$30K (I paid ~$9K in taxes on that ~$30K) and now have a ~$15K car. So, for mea nd my situation, at the end of the 5 years, I either have (hypothecticaly) a ~$12K car that I can sell for ~$12K (and have paid ~$9K in extra taxes to get to this point), or a car that has no equity, but one that allowed me to save at least ~$10K on taxes. Since I love cars, and since leasing a new car and viewing its payments as "invisible" based on the above veiwpoint is viable to me, I get a free car for 5 years. When the lease ends, if I want a new car, I get one. If not, I buy my current car from someone who did impecable maintenance on it (me). Of course, if any of my logic is askew, I am ok with that, cuz I really like cars, and I really hate paying taxes. Therefore, Im always right....to ME!

Archived