LegacyGT.com

Just purchase my '06 Legacy GT, I need suggestions for stereo upgrades/switchouts!

I have been researching the audio upgrade quite a bit over the last few weeks and found that the GROM adapters need to use the external CD changer input on the OEM radios.

I know for a fact the outback 05/06 radios (at least with auto climate) don't have these connectors, I am guessing yours is the same.

The best oem upgrade path i have found is to get a later radio (07/08) version that is plug and play such as the 204UH someone mentioned earlier this thread.

Used 204UH are quite rare but they do have the external changer connection for external sat (you can also patch in wired aux that is select-able from the radio).

I just got one off eBay (if it turns up ;), and have got a grom box on order that gives andriod/iphone/bluetooth control. From what I have read they work pretty well.

You guys better be listing to 320bit over sampled music if you're going to all this effort. Otherwise major waste.

I disagree. If you're just going to mod with the Jazzy, it's WAY worth it, even if you're aren't playing that high of quality. I stream Spotify from my iPhone (on medium @ 160kbps typically) and I love it. There's nothing worse than two people with FM transmitters driving next to each other :mad: Such limited airwave space nowadays.

If you're talking stereo swap, well good luck to you. You are quite ambitious upon just buying your subie!

Archived