LegacyGT.com

Sputtering and Dying?

Ive had my legacy for a good 2 years now, and ive loved it. recently i got the COBB AP and tuned it to stage one. Today when i went to get gas, i cut it pretty close to empty, but ive done it before and nothing happened. Today on the other hand, I filled up, drove for around 5 minutes, pulled into the mall parking lot, and it seemed to sputter, like I hadnt put any gas in it. i went to park and it died. And now it wont start, does anyone have any idea what could have happened? I have the 5EAT, so it wasn't just me not giving it enough gas.

Any help is appreciated.

You could have clogged a filter or injector. Check your intercooler pipe going to you tb as these degrade over time and blow off or slip loose which will cause terrible idle and dying. If in your process of staging you could have had other problems that were not fully present such as dirty maf, dying o2, boost leak, bad plugs etc and the tune could have either made it worse. If those simple things are not the issue check the fuel system as fuel pumps tend to die on full tanks but if its priming and running at all with making heavy noises then more than likely your issue is somewhere else.

Archived