LegacyGT.com

Steering lumpiness after LCA install

HDTurbo

So after having WL LCA (KCA334) and lower inner front (W0506) bushings installed on my 05 LGT wagon (148Kmi) the steering felt lumpy, as in inconsistent resistance when turning the wheel. Subsequently the PS seemed to have failed altogether.

Brought it back to the installer (regular full service local shop) and they decided it must be the rack. So, at 148kmi, maybe the increase caster pushed it over the edge...temps were in the 90 the week I used it after the install. No noise or leaks evident from pump/lines/rack. And changing those bushing really shouldn't cause the symptoms, right?

Decided to go with the rack replacement and added a remanufactured pump; to be comprehensive...and after those were replaced, the power steering was back, BUT - the lumpiness in turning the wheel is still there, including the wheel not straightening out when you let go after a turn. Brought it back and am awaiting their looking into it.

Does anyone have any guidance from similar experience? Steering shaft U-joints? Ball joints?

Any help with my typical bad luck turning an inexpensive upgrade into a big $ repair and headache? Thanks...and yes, FahrSide, you had warned the members...:spin:

Archived