LegacyGT.com

One headlight, both fogs out

Dbl_D718

So tonight I was following my brother around and he pointed out that I had a headlight out. When I got out to check it, I noticed that both of my fogs were out as well. The driver's side headlight is the one that's out.

Are the headlights and fogs connected somehow, such that a headlight bulb going out would disable the fogs? Seems unlikely, though I guess possible, that all 3 lights would burn out together.

Brights still work FWIW.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow-up for anyone that was interested...

I replaced my bulbs tonight. The driver side headlight was burned out. After replacing it, the fogs still did not work. I had planned on changing the fog bulbs anyway, so I went on to change them too.

The passenger side was obviously blown, but the driver side looked fine. So, it's possible that either both fogs were blown, or one fog being out will disable the other. I don't have a multimeter to test the fog bulb that looked good.

Anyway, I replaced both headlights and both fog lights and now all is well. I had been wanting to do this anyway, so this was good for me in the end since I couldn't put it off anymore. And it was pretty cheap, all four lights for $38 shipped (Osram 65w headlights, generic yellow fogs).

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

• 4 months later...

Archived