LegacyGT.com

Replacement liftgate support struts

I just installed a pair from liftsupportdepot.com,who sell on eBay. $55 shipped for both sides. Fit perfect and working properly so far. The OEM ones I took off from my 05 were completely dead with no pressure whatsoever.

Zack K.

The p/n's i mentioned above are available on amazon for ~$23 each

My originals have been working marginally since i got the car... they would hold the gate up, barely... and provided hardly any resistance when closing (i would close it slowly by hand so that it wouldnt slam so hard).

However during the past few days of cold weather, i've had the hatch close on me twice while trying to pick something up out of the trunk... time to replace!!

• 1 year later...

Bump ...

I got these: SACHS SG223009, SG223008, Rockauto & Amazon listed them as for the 2005 Legacy - they either are not or their manufacturing tolerances are very bad. Don't buy them.

1st issue: the bracket's 2 holes are not spaced the same as OEM. I couldn't thread one of the bolts in, and then I found that out and had to file one of the holes to make it bigger.

2nd issue: after spending that extra time modifying the brackets, I tried to close the hatch and found that the struts hit the hatch rubber seal while closing.

I'm returning these and getting the 6222 everyone used ...

Archived