LegacyGT.com

Opinions on Powered Subwoofer

Purchased LGT two weeks ago and part of deal was subwoofer which had to be ordered and installed just yesterday. I like it ... glad I lived without it for the two week period as I can say there's some subtle difference depending on the genre of music.

It doesn't "thump," but good ole' rock n' roll sounds a lot better. I leave the BASS setting on the stereo at 3 for CD's and increase to 6 for radio stations.

No luck getting anything more out of the stereo when playing hip-hop. But I like the subtle change ... certainly would feel foolish rolling into my parking garage with a whole lot of bump. So for those who have the underseat woofer, do you like it?

It isn't bad, a nice upgrade from the stock system without sub. Not too pricey. However, it's no substitute for a true sub. The bass isn't that rich and sometimes I can feel it bottoming out. A sub or set of subs in the trunk would be a lot better. I think your satisfaction will probably depend on what type of music you listen to and how seriously you take your bass. If you listen to a lot of rap or hip-hop, you best figure out a way to get a real sub into your car.

i wouldve appreciated a stronger system. i was able to live with stock for a while, just getting by. after going to europe/israel for about a month this summer and clubbing everynight, you get a strong urge to replicate that rediculously loud, hard thumping bass and clear sound in your car. so i dumped my stock system. anyways, if your not big on audio the subbie stock system should certainly suffice for you.

remember theres a gain control on it too...maybe you can "tune" it better...

funny you said something about the sub today. i was listening to a song ive heard for years today on the way home. i noticed a bass line in the song ive never heard before... all on my little kickn' sub. i laughed out loud when i thought about it in the car!

Archived