LegacyGT.com

getting keys cut

shribob

Does anyone know where I can get keys cut besides the dealership? I tried to get the flip key from ebay cut so that I can transfer the brains of my keys over, but had no success. Went to both HD and Lowes, but both said they couldn't do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had a locksmith come to my house and cut my all in one key I got from M Sprank @ Infamous, and he was able to program it, but it only starts the car, he couldn't get the other functions to work, they need a special machine that only dealers have

I purchased a key and remote on ebay for my 05 and they send you a list with a local locksmiths that can do the cutting/programming.

I went to:

Atlas locksmiths

John Balogh

501 West 167th St. Tel: 2125680290

New York, NY 10032 Fax: 2125680290 call before faxing

atlasauto167@yahoo.com

since I work in Manhattan.

But you can try using the link below to find someone more local to you.

http://www.keylessride.com/company/locations.asp

I had a locksmith come to my house and cut my all in one key I got from M Sprank @ Infamous, and he was able to program it, but it only starts the car, he couldn't get the other functions to work, they need a special machine that only dealers have

What other functions? I got my key cut at a local locksmith.

Why not have the dealer cut it? I had 08 keys cut and programmed for my 05 at mid hudson subaru

Not all dealerships cut keys and the OP doesn't need his key programmed. But I'm interested in how much the dealership charged you. I paid $50 to have my key cut.

Not all dealerships cut keys and the OP doesn't need his key programmed. But I'm interested in how much the dealership charged you. I paid $50 to have my key cut.

It was a long time ago, the cutting was inexpensive, but it didn't have to be laser cut either. The programming was $60 I think.

Archived