LegacyGT.com

egr question...

ok so i am just hoping for some feed back on something here. when i recently replaced the motor in my 98gt i noticed that the motor going in didn't have a port on the head for the egr pipe to plug into, however the intake manifold had the egr valve . everything pointed to that i would have a cel till i rerouted it. i decided to just deal with it since it was already inspection. im close to 3000miles since the replacement and have yet to get a cel... does anybody know why this would be? the motor came from a legacy wagon but im unsure of the model. i used my im and everything and according to everything i have found on the subject i should have a cel.any feedback would be very.nice as i would like to avoid any problems down the road.not any that i can think of really but maybe somebody knows something i don't....

im surprised i haven't got any feedback on this. i know the egr stuff has been pretty vastly covered but i have yet to come across this scenario in the forums. my thoughts are maybe i stumbled onto something to help others avoid having to reroute the egr or i have something setup wrong and i may run into a problem at some point..... anything??

i might also want to add that the original motor that came out said subaru across what im pretty sure was a coolant tube. the motor going in said Japan . its the flat tube that lies across the top of the case and under the intake manifold. can't really see that being anything else but it was a cpl months ago and i can't recall if a coolant tube goes into that or not.

Archived