LegacyGT.com

Harmon Kardon retrofit

Robe30

I have a "complete" Harmon Kardon stereo from an 08 LL Bean OB that I'm planning on installing in my 05 XT. I have the wiring harness, sub, speakers, aux line/port and headunit. Will this be "plug and play" or will I have to splice a few wires? I posted on Subaruoutback.org and haven't gotten any feedback. Has anybody on here done this? Thanks

Don't waste your time. The system sucks donkey balls.

Damn. Wish I would've inquired more about this before I bought it. One of the reasons I picked up the system is because there is some sort of glitch w/ the stock system (gets very hot when using CDs on a long trip and the entire thing makes a loud "squawk" and freezes). I love almost everything about this car except the damn hvac/radio!

I put the hk in my 06 lgt. With a aftermarket 10" sub and and aftermarket deck, it sounded pretty good. The factory sub is underpowered though imho. I don't remember if I had to make new ends for the wires as it was 3 years ago. But they do physically fit without modification. I would recommend putting in an aftermarket deck. It makes the most difference to the stereo.

Archived