LegacyGT.com

Koni Front RE-INSTALL question!

I haven't really seen this addressed on the forums, forgive me if it has been and please provide link to thread...having that said..

I went the Koni strut/Eibach spring route on my 05 LGT a little while back, and it looks like my mechanic may have cut too much off the original front strut bodies when he went he was installing the Koni inserts. I failed to do the proper research on the forums and just gave my mechanic, who had never done this, the generic instructions that came with the Konis. So he installed them and, as described on the forums here, I could hear and feel a bit of noise and play in the front end when going over bumps and uneven terrain. It wasn't too bad at first but it has recently got a lot worse and I need to have the Koni's reinstalled.

So my question is this: I know I need a new pair of OEM front strut assemblies to cut up, but will the Koni inserts be ok to just swap out of the incorrectly cut strut bodies and drop in the new ones? Or will I be needing a new set of those as well? That would make make a sad panda if I had to buy those again too.

Any thoughts?

Archived