LegacyGT.com

New Golf R32 (European Market)

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_1472.shtml

Looks like its going to be a pretty cool car. 250 HP, optional DSG Trans. and 4motion. Not bad looking either...I like the exhaust placement.

Looks like the US market might get an even more powerful car to compete with the STI and EVO.

Quote:

current rumors for the U.S. market indicate Volkswagen is instead working on a 300hp version of the new 3.6l VR6 FSI for an "R36" model. Right now the Golf R36 is currently being planned, but there are discussions about creating an R36 Jetta this time around. If you'd like to see a Jetta R36 in addition to a Golf R36 for the U.S. market

Discuss...

As a former member of the Vortex, they have been speculating about the R36 for about a year or more. I don't know how they can bring it to America and still be close to the price of an STI given the price of the '04 R32. And the DSG is great but the current unit has a torque limit of 250 if I remember correctly. That will cut into the aftermarket on the soon to be released 2.0t. Maybe they will beef it up as well. In any case I left VAG behind and couldn't be happier. No more trips to the shop every other week!

looks like the new civic si :lol:

LOL +1

Out of all the "new" VW body styles, this one is the least offensive IMHO.

As a former VW owner/enthusiast, I'm sorry to say that's the most praise i can give VW on their new styling theme.

I bet it is a blast to drive at least....

I'm currently selling my '02 GTI (being replaced by an '05 LGT wagon). I hate to get rid of it, but honestly, its ALWAYS in the shop. And yeah, I feel the new VW styling really looks lame. Why make it look like a Civic Si when THAT looks too much like a Geo Metro (hopefully I didnt offend any Metro owners here)?

I currently own a Jetta (2001) and completely agree that VW has gone in the wrong direction on the new Jetta and Golf. That being said, I do think this R32 doesn't look that bad and I'm sure in person looks even better.

One good thing is it won't be mistaken for a Camry or Taurus. :)

Archived